If you're looking for the most dependable and powerful full-size pickup truck in the Selma, the 2018 Chevy Silverado 1500
should be high on your list of possibilities.
Chevy has a long tradition of creating fantastic work vehicles. The 2018 Chevy Silverado offers the same great workmanship you'd expect in a full-size pickup but with a little more grace for your every day life.
With new upgrades and great attention to detail, this is a vehicle that looks fantastic, from the construction site to a downtown restaurant. The bed and structure are made for a working vehicle - this is a great choice for anyone whose profession is in an industry where rough terrain and towing are a necessity. The 2018 Chevy Silverado 1500 is a truck that can handle off-roading and still navigates smoothly in congested city traffic.
The interior design allows for better comfort away from the job site. According to Kelly Blue Book
, the Silverado gets a consumer rating of 8.6 out of 10. That high rating includes consumer thoughts on power and dependability, but it also features insights into the convenience features and comfort of the vehicle.
The 2018 Chevy Silverado offers plenty of options in trim level. With an extended cab, your Silverado can fit the whole family comfortably and accomplish the heavy hauling work that a truck was built to handle. Whether you need the rough and rugged work features or just enjoy the look and feel of a pickup, the Silverado is a truck you're sure to love.
2018 Chevy Silverado 1500 - Trim Levels for Every Type of Driver
Not all driver's want exactly the same thing, and pickup lovers are no different. To meet your very specific tastes, Chevy offers several different trims for the 2018 Chevy Silverado 1500. There's also the option to customize your Silverado. You don't want to settle for something that just meets most of your needs. You want the pickup that offers every feature you have on your wishlist, and tosses in a few more for good measure.
The Chevy Silverado 1500 trim models:
• Work Truck (WT). The work truck is the lowest trim model for the Silverado. As the name would suggest, this might be the vehicle you'd purchase to serve as your kick around truck for a rough and tumble world. It does offer all of the dependability but it also boasts a clean, great look and quality vinyl interior.
• LS. The LS offers some upgrades over the WT, most notably, the LS offers keyless entry and OnStar Guidance system. The bumpers on this model are chrome and the 17 inch wheels are stainless steel.
• Custom. Choose the best trim level and add the accessories you want for a customized, one of a kind truck. Whether you want 4 wheel drive, 2 wheel drive, extended cab, or options to enhance your comfort, you can find the perfect fit with the Silverado.
• LT. The LT offers a bit more in comfort and flair, with an EZ-Lift and lower tailgate. The wheels are available in 18 or 20 inch aluminum and there's audio controls on the steering wheel to make the commute even more convenient.
• LTZ. The LTZ comes with all of the features of the LT, plus a bit more. This trim only comes with the extended and crew cab, for optimal room and storage. You'll also find that the standard engine is a V8, instead of V6, and the leather seats are heated.
• High Country. The High Country is the top of the line trim model and comes with all of the bells and whistles. All of the safety and technology features are offered on this model. The highest quality interior design, and an Eco Tec3 V8 engine is standard for optimal performance.
Each of these trim levels offers the rugged and masculine lines you've come to expect in a Chevy pickup. With the 2018 model, maneuverability is excellent - this Silverado was designed to handle as well in city driving as on highway or off-road. It really is the take anywhere vehicle.
2018 Chevy Silverado 1500 Exterior Design Features
The 2018 Chevy Silverado 1500 showcases and beautiful and rugged silhouette. The lines are classic pickup, but the colors and design make this a really sharp looking vehicle. It's not overbearing in its appearance. The High Country trim offers accents that give it a more luxurious appeal but any of the models feature quality.
The bed was designed for actual work, so you can use this vehicle daily without worrying over wear or tear from your travels. Built to handle the conditions of the road and the weight of your cargo, this is an optimal choice for the driver who values utility.
The 2018 Chevy Silverado 1500 offers excellent performance features. Available with both V6 and V8 engines, it boasts excellent fuel economy and powerful towing capacity.
This pickup is built for the working world, as useful on a construction site as it would be hauling furniture or taking care of errands. You can rest assured that it offers the same dependability you've come to expect in a Chevy truck. It also looks good on the outside and features comfort and style that older model pickups were sorely lacking.
An Interior for Comfort in the 2018 Chevy Silverado 1500
The 2018 Chevy Silverado 1500 offers three different cab styles - the crew cab, the extended cab, and the traditional. The crew cab can seat up to six comfortably, which is pretty impressive for those who remember the days of a pickup truck meaning cramped interior space. Each of the trim levels offers a great deal of space and comfort. There are differences of materials, depending on the trim level you choose. The High Country, for instance, pulls out all the stops with regard to the materials used in seating and features. But even the work truck offers a great look and quality interior.
The cock pit was designed with the driver's comfort in mind. All of your needs are within arm's reach. Seating is comfortable.
Remember the days when driving a work vehicle meant that you'd have a bumpy ride and hear every noise of the road? Not so with today's Chevy Silverado. The cabin offers a quiet smooth ride, more like a sedan than your traditional truck or utility vehicle.
2018 Chevy Silverado 1500 Safety Features
Chevy experience puts safety first. There are plenty of features available to make your drive more enjoyable and convenient. The following safety features are available for the 2018 Chevy Silverado 1500:
• Standard Airbags. The 2018 Silverado comes equipped with six (6) airbags. In the event that you do experience a collision, you can rest assured that the impact will be as minimized as possible for every passenger.
• Safety Cage. The Chevy Silverado is extraordinarily well built, with a safety cage made of high strength steel.
• OnStar Automatic Crash Assist. OnStar Automatic Crash Assist is available to offer extra safety and protection to Silverado drivers and their passengers. The OnStar system can keep you connected so that OnStar is alerted in the event that there's any incident on the road - help is never far away.
• Low Speed Forward Automatic Braking. This safety feature works through sensors in your Silverado which determine how close an object is and can automatically brake the truck to avoid or minimize any collision.
• Lane Keep Assist / Lane Departure. Lane keep assist and departure warnings help you to determine if you're veering into another lane. On occasion people make mistakes. These safety features allow you to stay more alert while changing lanes and can indicate whether traffic is present to help you avoid accidents.
• Forward Collision Alert. Forward collision alert gives you ample warning that a collision might occur, judging by your rate of speed and the rate of speed of the car in front of you. This can be an excellent backup system to aid in quick braking in the event that there are unforeseen obstacles on the road.
• Teen Driver Technology. For parents with newly minted drivers, the teen driver technology can offer an extra advantage as young drivers master the skill set needed for safe driving. Warnings are given if your driver forgets certain rules of driving. For instance, the radio will automatically mute if all front seat passengers are not wearing their seatbelts.
• Rear Vision Camera. The rear vision camera now comes standard on all 2018 Chevy Silverado trims. This feature offers an excellent advantage to the driver because the height of the truck makes it difficult to see everything low to the ground behind the vehicle. The camera gives a full view in the display, so drivers can proceed confidently.
• Front and Rear Park Assist. Front and rear parking assistance offers a great advantage for those who are less inclined to parallel parking. This allows you better gauge your spacing.
The 2018 Chevy Silverado 1500 added numerous safety features to their lineup to help drivers in convenience and driving satisfaction. Safety features and technology can't replace a conscientious driver, but it can often help to have a second set of eyes.
A simple alert can let you know that you may be in danger or can give you an indication that you should pay better attention. Accidents can happen, but it's better to avoid them whenever possible. That's what these safety features are designed to improve.
Technology for Today in the 2018 Chevy Silverado 1500
Technology has become more than a convenience; your busy life demands it. Today's drivers need to be connected to all areas of their lives. We use smart phones to handle work and map our course.
Whether you take your work with you on the road or simply need to be accessible for your family, the 2018 Chevy Silverado 1500 pays special attention to all of your technology needs.
• Diagonal Color Touch Screen. Your touch screen is positioned in easy reach for the driver, allowing the least amount of distraction possible for your drive.
• 4G LTE Wi-Fi. You never have to worry about being outside of your signal, you'll have wi-fi connectivity for up to seven devices. This is a convenience for long road trips with bored passengers but it's also a great safety feature. You never need to worry about being connected in case you have car trouble of any sort.
• Android Auto. Android users can connect their device to have ready access to any apps, music, directions, and more.
• Apple CarPlay. For iPhone users, CarPlay gives you a simple way to make phone calls, access your music, and use all of the apps you're already familiar with during your trips.
• Chevrolet MyLink. The MyLink feature allows you to use Bluetooth to make calls without moving your hands from the steering wheel. All of your apps are available with the touch of your convenient screen.
• My Chevrolet Mobile App. The mobile app offers you the ability to be in complete control of your truck, right from the touch of your phone. This app allows you to start and stop your car remotely, lock and unlock the doors, and even check certain diagnostics. This offers an extra safety feature against theft with the added convenience of being able to map your next drive at your own convenience.
In a Silverado, you'll always be able to access the devices you need for a smoother experience from work, to play, to home life. The technological features can help you maintain your schedule, and keep up with last minute errands, simplifying your commute.
Looking for a 2018 Chevy Silverado in the San Antonio Area?
If you're looking for a 2018 Chevy Silverado near San Antonio, Gun Chevrolet is ready to meet your needs.
We serve the areas of Selma, New Braunfels, San Antonio, Schertz, and Seguin.
Gun Chevrolet is located at 16550 I-35, Selma, TX 78154. Feel free to pop by or call us at (210) 599-5000