If you're looking for a dependable work truck with great towing capacity in Selma, the 2018 Chevy Silverado 2500HD
might be the exact vehicle to meet your needs.
When you shop for a Chevrolet, you're looking for a truck with a pedigree in great performance. The 2018 Chevy Silverado 2500 isn't fancy and you wouldn't tout it as the car you can take to a fine restaurant downtown, like you might with some of the high trim Silverado 1500 models. This truck is built a bit bulkier and muscular. It's not a truck you're buying to show off on the town. But it will definitely get the job done out in the field.
This new 2018 Chevy Silverado 2500HD features great towing capacity - able to haul more than 23,000 pounds. There are some serious upgrades to make any Chevy fan comfortable and well connected to all of the devices you need on the job site and on the road. For all of its muscle and hardworking exterior, the Silverado 2500 handles exceptionally well. It offers a smooth drive, especially for a pickup truck. Wondering what Kelley Blue Book
has to say? They put the Silverado 2500 up at the top of a very competitive list of serious work vehicles with "an impeccable reputation for durability, comfort and owner loyalty."
The bed and structure are sound, with a durable shell and well-made chassis. This vehicle can handle any terrain and screams to be used for heavy jobs. The bed is available in different sizes and withstands quite a beating.
The 2018 Chevy Silverado 2500 comes with a variety of trim options. If you're in the market for a pickup with great horsepower and pulling capacity with a quality interior to offer better comfort, this model is one that you'll love to drive.
2018 Chevy Silverado 2500 - Trim Levels to Fit Your Budget and Needs
Like its not so distant sibling, the 2500 comes in a few different trim levels. Pricing for the Silverado 2500 ranges from $34,200 for the Work Truck, all the way up to the High Country, which starts at $58,600. The differences in the trim are largely about comfort in the interior. Different size cabs and configurations are available in all models.
The Silverado 2500 features great towing capacity and a 445 horsepower diesel engine. If you want a truck that's fun to drive and packs a punch, this one might just fit your exact specifications. All trim levels are available in four-wheel drive.
The Chevy Silverado 2500 trim models:
• Work Truck (WT). This trim is the basic model. Its name is a bit misleading because all of these models can be used for a work truck. The interior is comfortable with quality materials and a spacious cockpit. The exterior features the boxy lines you'd expect from a hard working pick up. This trim level is available in double and regular with a few different dimensions for the bed and cab.
• LT. The LT is the next trim level up and starts at $38,600. It boasts the same great towing capacity and diesel engine. This model is available with remote start and a rear window defogger, as well as a few other convenience features.
• LTZ. The Silverado 2500 LTZ comes with all of the features of the LT, plus a bit more. This trim level starts at $46,300. There's a bit more in comfort, with a heated, leather-wrapped steering wheel and adjustable pedals.
• High Country. The High Country is the highest trim level for this model. It comes with all of the standard features from the lower trim models, plus the highest quality interior. You get the same great towing and drivability but the interior is quiet and comfortable for longer hauls or just a long day in your vehicle.
No matter which trim level you choose, there are features you can add to make your experience even more enjoyable. The horsepower and torque make this choice a common sense pick for the person who needs a vehicle to handle a hard day. The maneuverability make this truck a great choice for anyone who needs a pickup but doesn't like the rough, bouncy ride that the older models usually offered.
2018 Chevy Silverado 2500 Design Features on the Outside
What can we say about the 2018 Chevy Silverado 2500? It wasn't made to be pretty or flashy. But if you like the boxy lines of a well-made work pickup, it's not an unappealing car. It looks rugged. The models equipped with Duramax have an even more pronounced muscular look to them.
The lines are a classic pickup, available in ten different colors on the lowest trim with some unique colors for the higher trim models. You might decide on the regular, crew or extended cab. The bed is also available in different dimensions. Each of these choices can change the appearance slightly but you'll still get that same high-quality finish that takes a beating.
The luxury on these models are reserved for the interior and convenience features, which we'll discuss in more detail below. Other features that make this a great work vehicle include corner step bumpers. On the LTZ, the chrome of the door handles and moldings add a great touch. In the highest trim model, you'll get 20-inch chrome wheels, body colored bumpers and the grille offers a little different style from the lower trim models.
The materials used in the bed are a high quality to withstand the daily grind of real work. Overall, the exterior commands attention. From the outside in, you can tell this is a vehicle that's built for the road, no matter what kind of road you're on or what kind of cargo you're hauling.
The 2018 Chevy Silverado 2500 is built to perform. The Duramax Diesel engine is a 445 horsepower beast with 910 lb-ft of torque. You might be able to find other pick-up trucks that offer more power, but you probably won't need more power than this. And the performance here extends to a comfortable driving experience that's usually lacking with heavy-duty work vehicles.
What's on the Interior in the 2018 Chevy Silverado 2500
The 2018 Chevy Silverado 2500 has the competition on the ropes with the comfort offered in the three different cab styles - the crew cab, the extended cab, and the traditional. The measurements and dimensions are similar to the 1500, with the crew seating six comfortably, and traditional seating three. You'll get a lot of leg room, good head space, and a pretty comfortable driver's seat.
The 2018 Chevy Silverado 2500 comes standard with a rearview camera, 7-inch display, and MyLink Radio. Everything you need is easy to reach and use. In the higher trim models, you have a complete infotainment system. There are upgrades in materials, such as leather seats. The basic model offers quality fabric but the front seats are spacious enough to fit most passengers comfortably.
What's really great about this Silverado is how quiet the cabin is, no matter what's going on outside. They did a great job of insulating the inside of the vehicle.
2018 Chevy Silverado 2500 Safety Features
Today's Chevy Silverado 2500 pays a great deal of attention to safety. There are a number of features available to improve your safe driving experience in this model.
• Airbags. The 2018 Silverado 2500 comes with six (6) airbags including the curtain overhead first and second row airbags. While you want to avoid collision at all costs, the safety features are geared to keep passengers as protected as possible in the event of a crash.
• OnStar Automatic Crash Assist. For extra safety on the road, the 2018 Silverado 2500 is available with OnStar Automatic Crash Assist. This system keeps you connected so that someone is alerted if there's ever any emergency on the road.
• Safety Cage. The safety cage in the Chevy Silverado is made of high strength steel, providing just the right protection in the event that there's ever a rollover accident.
• Lane Departure. The Lane Departure feature helps you to recognize when you're veering into another lane. Let's face it, sometimes distractions happen. This safety feature offers a little extra reminder to keep you more alert to your surroundings and help you avoid carelessness on the road.
• Teen Driver Technology. Teen Driver Mode comes standard on all Silverado HDs. This is a great tool for parents because it allows them to monitor how fast the truck is going. You can also find the location of the vehicle and the radio will stay muted unless all of the seatbelts are buckled.
• Rear Vision Camera. The rear vision camera now comes standard on all 2018 Chevy Silverado trims. The height of the truck can make it difficult to visualize everything behind the vehicle when backing up. This additional feature is a welcomed safety enhancement. The driver gets a full view of the rear before proceeding, minimizing the chance of accidents when pulling out of parking spaces.
• Rear Parking Sensors. Rear parking sensors let you know when something is coming up behind you. This offers a great advantage when pulling out of a congested parking space, especially in high traffic times.
The 2018 Chevy Silverado 2500 had a number of safety features that come standard or can be added on to make the drive even more convenient. While these features can't ever replace a conscientious driver, they do help to minimize the chance of accidents.
The simple alert you'll get from the rear parking sensor or lane departure warning will give you enough time to right your driving strategy. The safety features are designed to meet all of the standards you've come to expect in a Chevy.
2018 Chevy Silverado 2500 - Technology to Keep You in Touch
Your ability to stay in touch with family, friends, colleagues and the world at large is more important today than it ever was before. If you're buying a truck that will help you perform on the job site, it may be even more important to have the features available to connect in your cab. After all, it might be a second office for drivers who often work from the road.
Technology isn't a luxury anymore. Now it's a way of life. So Chevy Silverado answered the driver's needs with some excellent features to keep you connected for work and play.
The 2018 Chevy Silverado 2500 offers the following technology features for your convenience.
• 7 Inch Color Touch Screen. The 7-inch touchscreen comes standard, though an 8-inch touch screen is available for your infotainment center.
• Android Auto. Android Auto is available for all android users. This allows you to connect your phone to the infotainment center and readily use any apps, music, or other features available from your smartphone.
• Apple CarPlay. Apple CarPlay keeps the iPhone users connected to all of the apps and entertainment they need on the road.
• 4G LTE Wi-Fi. The wi-fi connection available in your Silverado will allow you to access all of your work, email, and even streaming needs. Entering dead zones where service is sketchy will never be a problem with this feature available.
• Chevrolet MyLink. With Chevy MyLink, all of the apps you use on a regular basis are available through your touchscreen display. This feature also lets you make calls on your Bluetooth, hands-free.
The 2018 Chevy Silverado 2500 offers great towing and power, but it till delivers the comfort and technology you've come to depend on in your vehicles and your life. The ability to use your devices, access accurate directions, and work from anywhere is invaluable. And Chevy delivers in common sense, work ethic, and comfort. You get the best of all worlds - all wrapped up in the Chevy name you trust.
Looking for a 2018 Chevy Silverado 2500 in the San Antonio Area?
If you're looking for a 2018 Chevy Silverado near San Antonio, Gunn Chevrolet is ready to meet your needs.
We serve the areas of Selma, New Braunfels, San Antonio, Schertz, and Seguin.
Gunn Chevrolet is located at 16550 I-35, Selma, TX 78154. Feel free to stop in at our location or to call one of our staff at (210) 941-4187.