The 2018 Chevy Trax is a compact crossover SUV that delivers the handling and responsiveness of a compact car with the roominess and luxe feel of a sport utility vehicle. With room for five and supportive, well-made seating that ensures comfort on your longest road trips, the interior will quickly become your home-away-from-home on commutes and daily errands around Schertz and Seguin. If you're planning on tackling more substantial drives, you're sure to love the fuel economy; with 25 miles per gallon in the city and 33 MPG out on the highway, you're more likely to pull over to stock up on snacks than gas.
Sizing up the 2018 Chevy Trax
At 168 inches long by 70 inches wide and 67 inches high, the 2018 Trax doesn't take up the space of its larger SUV brethren, but it will certainly feel that way on the inside. With passengers in the rear 60-40 split seats, you'll have a generous 19 cubic feet of cargo room. Fold them down, and that number expands to 48 cubic feet
to handle a day's worth of shopping errands, help a friend move, and even tote bags of mulch in from New Braunfels for some DIY landscaping. This compact crossover handles it all so you can concentrate on what really matters: tackling your to-do list while sitting comfortably behind the wheel.
Though the handling of this responsive vehicle may not suggest it can handle hauling anything you need without hesitation, one glance in the cargo area is all it takes to see that it definitely can. The clever under-the-floor storage area in the rear is the ideal spot for valuables, first aid kits, jumper cables, and any of the must-have items you'll want to have readily available, but don't necessarily want cluttering the cargo area. So go ahead, linger at that great shop in Selma a little longer: a few extra bags of bargains are no match for the roomy interior of this attractive compact crossover SUV.
Tech in the 2018 Chevy Trax
Like the rest of the 2018 Chevrolet lineup, the Trax comes equipped with a standard Chevy MyLink system; a 7" diagonal touchscreen that serves as an intuitive interface between the driver and the vehicle's technological capabilities. With a few taps, you'll be able to access bluetooth-powered hands-free calling for keeping in touch on the go, optional satellite radio, available OnStar assistance and more. Not only is the smartphone-like layout clear and easy to read, you'll also be able to add additional icons and apps through the MyLink app shop, as well. Listen to your favorite artists and songs; a quick glance will tell you radio-linked information like artists and song titles. If you prefer to listen to your own music library, you'll have your pick of bluetooth connection to a media device, auxiliary input, or USB hookup to access your personal library.
If you need to stay connected on the go, the 2018 Chevrolet Trax offers a 4G LTE wi-fi hotspot that can handle up to seven devices at once. That's great news for the busy traveler that needs to stay in touch with emails, or restless younger passengers eager to watch a movie on their tablets or smartphones. You'll find power locks in each door to let you in or out with the tap of a key fob; a lockout prevention feature also prevents embarrassing accidents and costly locksmith bills.The driver information center delivers familiar information like miles per hour and remaining fuel, but you'll also find important information like live tire pressure, remaining oil life, and average fuel economy so you can stay up-to-date with maintenance.
Available Trims for the 2018 Chevy Trax
The 2018 Chevy Trax comes in a trio of trims that fit your lifestyle perfectly, whether you rely on your ride to get your family to soccer practice, to explore the San Antonio area, or just to get to Selma in style.
LS / Luxury Sport
The base tier of the 2018 Chevy Trax is all about customization: from the 4-way manual adjustability in the driver's seat to steering wheel controls that let you skip songs, turn up the volume, and make and end calls without ever taking your eyes off the road. The cargo area is built for versatility, with a covered area beneath a removable floor panel and a retractable sun shade that keeps the cargo area out of direct sunlight. If you want a smart, dependable vehicle that's affordable but looks and feels like an indulgence, the Trax luxury sport trim is a great fit.
LT / Luxury Touring
The middle trim tier in the 2018 Chevy Trax builds on all the benefits of the LS trim, adding some additional tempting features. LED taillights, daytime running lamps and halogen HID headlights add clarity for night driving and visibility. Roof rack side rails protect door edges when you're carrying overhead cargo, and important functions like cruise control and remote start make longer trips easier from start to finish. The front passenger seat also gains a clever under-seat storage drawer for stashing important valuables. If you've got a busy schedule and want a vehicle that can keep the pace while offering a smooth, comfortable ride, the luxury touring experience is what you're looking for.
The highest trim tier takes the 2018 Chevy Trax to a whole new level, improving upon the already-impressive LT trim features. Most notably, the Driver Confidence package comes standard at this trim level, giving you side blind zone, lane departure, forward collision, and rear cross traffic alerts, as well as rear park assist. Luxury touches like chrome accent door handles and a Bose premium audio system make every cruise through Schertz a pleasure, and every errand to Seguin one you'll look forward to. Sink into the heated comfort of the 6-way power adjustable driver's seat and enjoy the Premier experience.
Exterior Color Options in the 2018 Chevy Trax
When you've decided which trim level you'd like for your new Trax, you'll need to pick out the perfect exterior color. It's not as easy as it looks, however - with 6 beautiful all-trim options and two additional options for the LT and Premier trims, you might have a hard time making up your mind.
• Mosaic Black Metallic (All Trim Levels)
• Sandy Ridge Metallic (All Trim Levels)
• Silver Ice Metallic (All Trim Levels)
• Storm Blue Metallic (All Trim Levels)
• Summit White (All Trim Levels)
• Nightfall Gray Metallic (All Trim Levels)
• Red Hot (Available in LT and Premium Trims)
• Cajun Red Tintcoat (Available in LT and Premium Trims)
Interior color options for the 2018 Chevy Trax also give you a wide range of choices, with several hues specific to each trim level for maximum visual impact:
• Jet Black, Cloth Seat Trim (LS Trim Only)
• Jet Black/¬Light Ash Gray, Cloth Seat Trim (LS Trim Only)
• Jet Black, Deluxe cloth seat trim (LT Trim Only)
• Jet Black, Deluxe Cloth/¬Leatherette Seat Trim (LT Trim Only)
• Jet Black/¬Brandy, Deluxe Cloth Seat Trim (LT Trim Only)
• Jet Black/¬Brandy, Deluxe Cloth/¬Leatherette Seat Trim (LT Trim Only)
• Jet Black/¬Light Ash Gray, Deluxe Cloth Seat Trim (LT Trim Only)
• Jet Black/¬Light Ash Gray, Deluxe Cloth/¬Leatherette Seat Trim (LT Trim Only)
• Jet Black, Leatherette seat trim (Premium Trim Only)
• Jet Black/¬Brandy, Leatherette seat trim (Premium Trim Only)
• Jet Black/¬Light Ash Gray, Leatherette seat trim (Premium Trim Only)
Available Feature Packages for the 2018 Chevy Trax
While this model turns heads all on its own, Chevy has pulled out all the stops to make sure that Trax owners get a top-tier vehicle that does everything they need - and want - it to. These optional vehicle packages develop the long list of trim-specific benefits even further, giving you more protection, better versatility, and even more enjoyment out of your new 2018 Chevy Trax.
• The Cargo Package is available at all trim levels and helps you stow your cargo - whether it's a delicate science fair project or an impressive haul from your favorite warehouse club. A cargo mat protects the cargo area from scuffs and dirt, while a cargo net keeps everything in place, even if you decide to put the 2018 Trax's responsive turning radius through its paces.
• The Protection Package is also available for all trims, and makes protecting your vehicle's interior a priority. In addition to all-weather front and rear floor mats that shrug off the muddiest New Braunfels weather, this package also includes custom-molded backsplash guards for the front and rear of the vehicle.
• The Interior Protection Package is available at all trim levels and covers the front and passenger areas with all-weather floor mats for added protection against dirt and mud, as well as a cargo mat to safeguard against scuffs and scrapes moving cargo in and out.
• The LT Convenience Package is unique to the LT trim and adds a layer of luxury from bumper to bumper. The convenience of a keyless open and keyless start system is enhanced by interior touches like a 6-way power adjustable driver's seat and 3-spoke steering wheel wrapped in leather. A duo of spare keys makes this package a must-have for couples and families that plan on sharing this deluxe 2018 ride.
• The Sun and Sound Package is also unique to the Luxury Touring trim and gives you all the amenities you'll need for enjoying the weather on a leisurely cruise around San Antonio and beyond. The power sliding sunroof lets in the beautiful Texas sunshine, while the Bose® premium sound 7-speaker system serenades you with high-quality, high-definition sound from every angle. If you're a concert buff or just love to crank your favorite tunes at stoplights, you won't be disappointed by investing in this package for your 2018 Trax.
• The LT-trim unique Driver Confidence Package gives you additional peace of mind while you're out on the road, courtesy of smart alerts that indicate another vehicle in your side blind zone, or traffic crossing behind you while your 2018 Chevy Trax is in reverse. The rear park assist also helps you navigate the trickiest of parking spots and narrow garages, preventing bumps and bumper scuffs. Note: this package may require additional equipment; see your Chevrolet dealer for details.
• The most visually-striking of the LT-specific packages, the Redline Edition is for Trax owners that want to see and be seen. From the red accent stripes on the 18" black-finished aluminum wheels to the black beltline moldings, this aesthetic-centered package decks out your new vehicle in striking dark hues to make an unforgettable visual impact. Subtle touches like black mirror caps and black bowties on the front and rear ensure that every inch of your Trax exudes class. Note: this package may require additional equipment; see your Chevrolet dealer for details.
• The Midnight Edition is available in premium trim only, and mimics the aesthetic-centered Redline package. The Mosaic Black Metallic exterior and jet black leatherette interior set the tone, following up with body-color door and tailgate handles, 18" aluminum wheels, and black beltline moldings that highlight the sleek lines of this attractive model year. If you're eyeing the Premium trim for your 2018 Chevy Trax, this is one package you'll definitely want to consider.
If you'd like to see the trims, colors, and configurations you have in mind, Gunn Chevrolet invites you to come see the 2018 Chevy Trax in person at our showroom, conveniently located at 16550 I-35 in Selma, Texas. Our friendly sales staff can answer any questions you may have about this versatile model, as well as schedule a test drive so that you can experience the superior handling for yourself. Stop by for a few minutes and check out the roomy cargo area, the comfortable seating, and the ready-for-anything design of the Trax: pictures just can't do this attractive vehicle justice. We've been proudly serving the San Antonio area for decades, joining our community with the Chevy vehicles they need to get the job done right. Contact us at (210) 599-5000
today or stop by to meet your great new crossover in person!