The 2018 Chevrolet Tahoe is a smart, capable full-size SUV with a distinct heritage of dependability - in fact, in 2017, it was voted the Most Dependable Large SUV by J.D. Power and Associates. This year's model drives that distinction even further forward, locking in that same critically-acclaimed dependability in the powertrain, body, interior, accessories, and features. That means you can trust this hardworking vehicle to do it all, from effortlessly towing your boat from Seguin for a weekend at Lake Travis to picking up a load of mulch for the garden over in New Braunfels. This body-on-frame hauler is capable of handling up to 6,400 pounds of towing capacity, so go ahead - grab that extra load of tile or gear up for a longer camping trip.
Sizing Up: The 2018 Chevy Tahoe
Measuring an roomy 204 inches long by 81 inches wide and 74 inches long, this model year packs a sizable 15.3 square feet of cargo room, opening up to 94.7 square feet with the rear seat area folded down. With room for seven passengers, each row of seating offers plush comfort and plenty of handy amenities. This luxurious seating doesn't just look and feel premium, US News and World Report notes that it contributes to the 2018 Chevy Tahoe's "cushioned, quiet ride."
With a best-in-class fuel economy of up to 23 miles per gallon highway, you'll be able to enjoy longer stretches of road when your travels take you beyond the immediate San Antonio, TX area.
Make no mistake, the 2018 Tahoe isn't your average "workhorse" of a large SUV - it's been built for luxury, and it shows from bumper to bumper. With an industry-leading package of tech options and extras, thoughtful trim inclusions, and functionality that keeps the modern traveler in mind, it's more than a vehicle, it's a lifestyle.
Tech in the 2018 Chevy Tahoe
Like most Chevrolets this model year, the Tahoe doesn't disappoint when it comes to impressive gadgets, interfaces, and digital conveniences for drivers and passengers alike. Available features make every inch of this surprisingly versatile full size SUV your own, from the optional 8-inch diagonal reconfigurable cluster to the seamless Apple Carplay or Android Auto interface that works with your mobile phone. You'll also have access to intriguing innovations like the heads-up display that keeps your eyes on the road without sacrificing access to important driving information like speed. There's even optional 4G LTE wi-fi to keep your passengers' digital devices connected and ready to entertain, network, or do business while you handle the driving.
If those devices happen to be running low on power, you won't have to look far to find a solution. Through options and packages, your 2018 Chevy Tahoe can come equipped with up to seven usb ports, a wireless charging station, and even a 110v outlet for heftier devices like laptops or rapid phone chargers. While you recharge your "life batteries" with an invigorating stint in the comfortable driver's seat of your Tahoe, you'll be able to relax knowing your phone, tablet, or other device will also be charged by the time you reach your destination.
The OnStar system, a standard in all trim levels, is a particularly smart benefit for Tahoe owners. In the event of an accident, crime, or other emergency, this built-in system can do everything from connecting you to first responders to silently alerting the police to your stolen vehicle's location. It's also handy during "regular" operation of your 2018 Tahoe as well - it facilitates hands-free calling for safe vehicle operation, delivers turn-by-turn directions and vehicle diagnostics, and even helps with roadside assistance if you run over a nail - or out of gas. Like a best friend tucked securely in your dashboard, OnStar makes driving safer, more comfortable, and, in the case of that unexpected flat tire, considerably easier too.
Trim Options for the 2018 Chevy Tahoe
Short but sweet, the trio of trim options for this model year covers all the vehicular bases. All three offer a suite of standard features that stand all on their own: a six-speed automatic transmission, a multitude of smartly-placed 12 volt power outlets, a 110 volt power outlet for plug-in convenience, tri-zone automatic climate controls, an Onstar system, and steering wheel controls that give you access to everything you'll need. The differences in trims give you even more customization options, however, making it easy to find the perfect 2018 Chevy Tahoe for your needs.
• LS / Luxury Sport Trim
The base model of the 2018 Chevrolet Tahoe, this trim includes standards listed above and a variety of add-on options as well, such as roof-mounted cross rails for adventure-seeking and cargo-carrying, as well as an enhanced driver alert package and power-adjustable pedals for the perfect driver fit. Whether your travels take you through Schertz and Selma or beyond, you'll cruise in perfect comfort with this base-level trim.
• LT / Luxury Touring Trim
The LT trim for the 2018 Chevy Tahoe includes a few standards that aren't found in the LS, such as a forward collision alert system, a power liftgate, and a Bose® premium 9-speaker sound system for listening to you favorite music, radio shows, and podcasts. Convenient options like theft protection, a manual tilt and telescoping steering column, power open / keyless entry and power start functions give you more control and make shopping and errands a great deal easier. The power start option is particularly useful in the San Antonio heat - it's an easy way to make sure ice-cold air-conditioning is waiting for you before you even leave your home or office.
• Premier Trim
The 2018 Chevy Tahoe Premier trim is the cream of the crop, delivering the best standards and giving you a wealth of trim-unique upgrade options to make every drive a pleasure. Keyless open and start are included as standard, and the steering column is upgraded with power controls to adjust tilt and telescoping features with the push of a button. Standard front and rear park assist ensure that even the trickiest parking lots are easier to navigate, and magnetic ride control gives you more precision in steering by monitoring each wheel independently during operation.
Available Exterior Color Options for the 2018 Chevy Tahoe
The Tahoe is available in one of seven standard exterior colors, as well two hues specific to higher LT and Premier:
• Blue Velvet Metallic
• Pepperdust Metallic
• Satin Steel Metalic
• Silver Ice Metallic
• Summit White
• Tungsten Metallic
• Siren Red Tintcoat (Premium Upgrade Available for All Trim Levels)
• Pearl White Tricoat (Premium Upgrade Available for LT and Premium Trim Levels)
Interior Color Options for the 2018 Chevy Tahoe
While the LS offers your choice of two standard cloth configurations, the LT and Premier expand your options in sumptuous leather:
• Cloth Seat Trim in Cocoa/Dune (Available for LS Trim only)
• Cloth Seat Trim in Jet Black (Available for LS Trim only)
• Leather-Appointed Seat Trim in Jet Black/Dark Ash (LT Trim Only)
• Leather-Appointed Seat Trim in Cocoa/Dune (Available for LT and in perforated leather for the Premier Trim Level)
• Leather-Appointed Seat Trim in Jet Black (Available for LT and in perforated leather for the Premier Trim Level)
• Leather-Appointed Seat Trim in Perforated Cocoa/Mahogany (Premier Trim Only)
With 54 beautiful interior/exterior color combinations available at the Premier trim level, you'll not only have full size SUV that rides like a dream - it'll look like one, too.
Packages for the 2018 Chevy Tahoe
Packages elevate this already in-demand full-size SUV to even greater heights of driver satisfaction. After all, why would you choose a vehicle that simply gets you from New Braunfels to Schertz when the ride could be so much more? These add-on options provide the ultimate in comfort, safety, and durability no matter where your plans may take you.
Two packages are available for all three trim levels:
• Max Trailering package - includes features such as a trailer brake controller, and a Z85 Premium Smooth Ride Suspension Package with air leveler for the LT and Premier trims.
• Interior Protection package - adds all-weather mats in both the passenger areas and cargo floor.
The LS has a few unique-to-trim packages available:
• Enhanced Driver Alert Package - includes features such as lane departure warning, power-adustable pedals, and low speed forward automatic braking.
• Custom Edition - removes the third row seat, adds 18" painted aluminum wheels and all-season blackwall tires, and includes a chrome grille insert.
• All-Season Package - includes everything from the Max Trailering package, adds 20" aluminum wheels and blackwall tires, as well as all-weather floor and cargo mats.
As does the LT trim level:
• Luxury Package - includes keyless start and entry, heated and power-folding 60/40 bench seats, heated mirrors, gesture-open lift gate, and more.
• Texas Edition - includes everything from the Luxury Package, adding black cross-rack roof rails and a unique Texas star emblem logo along the wheel well.
• LT Signature Package - a chrome-centric upgrade with 20" chrome wheels and blackwall tires, a special diamond pattern grille, polished exhaust tip and more.
• LT Midnight Edition - only available with a black exterior, this package includes front and back bowtie emblems, roof rack cross-rails, and black-painted aluminum tires.
Though the Premier trim level only features a single unique-to-trim option:
• RST 6.2 Liter Performance Package - features include a performance-calibrated magnetic ride control, a 170 amp alternator, and 10-speed automatic transmission.
Rounding out the package options are a small handful of available upgrades for both the LT and Premier trim levels:
• RST Edition - attractive aesthetic upgrade that delivers premium touches like black beltline moldings, roof rails, and mirror caps, as well as a gloss-black sport grille.
• Sun, Entertainment & Destinations Package- adds a power moonroof, a blu-ray entertainment system for the rear seats, navigation and Chevy My Link, and 9 additional months of Sirus XM radio.
• Theft Protection Package - includes features such as a theft deterrent system, glass break sensors in the rear and lift gate glass, and shields on the door and lift gate locks
While the 2018 Chevrolet Tahoe shines all on its own, these packages make cruising around Schertz or New Braunfels a little more fun. Aesthetically pleasing or built to work hard, your package of choice keeps your new Tahoe running at the speed of your day-to-day life so you can stay focused on that seemingly endless to-do list. With room for groceries, large loads of cargo, or a few unexpected passengers, the right package can turn an already-pleasant drive into one that makes your day a little easier with every mile.
Any or all of these packages can be further enhanced by adding optional accessories, such as a wide variety of trailer hitches, camera and audio upgrades, and even protection and cleaning kits for your upholstery. With this much versatility, there's no need to leave a favorite bike or boat behind when you're planning your next getaway - bring it all along and enjoy your favorite places, faces, and activities even longer. Just ask our knowledgeable dealers at Gunn Chevrolet in Selma which 2018 Chevy Tahoe accessories will make your day trip to Seguin or camping excursion in San Antonio a little easier.
If you're ready to find the perfect 2018 Chevy Tahoe for your needs, browse exterior and interior colors, decide on a great package, and get excellent customer service in the process, Gunn Chevrolet
is the place to be! We invite you to stop by our lot and have a chat with one of our friendly team members; they'll be able to answer all of your questions about the Tahoe, schedule a test drive, arrange financing, and help you on your hunt for the perfect full-size SUV. Simply head to 16550 I-35 in Selma, Texas
and we'll make sure your journey ends with a plush, comfortable seat behind the wheel of a new 2018 Chevy Tahoe. We know how exciting finding the right vehicle can be, and we can't wait to help you celebrate your victory with one of our sensational 2018 Tahoes.