The 2018 Chevy Suburban is the latest edition in what has long been a fan-favorite vehicle, starting from its inception in 1935 - in fact, it has the distinction of being the longest continually-used nameplate among all manufactured vehicles. That means the 2018 model had big "tires to fill" - a task it took very seriously. Praised by critics for its best-in-class fuel economy and "outstanding cargo space," this vehicle is large and in charge when it comes to the full size SUV class of 2018. If you're looking to haul a heavy load of building materials around New Braunfels or want to trek out to Seguin to pick up a must-have piece of furniture, you'll want to be behind the wheel of the Chevy Suburban.
Big Impressions: Sizing the 2018 Chevy Suburban
At 224″ Long, 81" Wide and 74" high, there's no way anyone is going to mistake your new ride for a sedan. The square profile is softened with smartly-rounded edges and streamlining along the body, elegantly unveiling spacious room for 7 behind its doors. The 40 square feet of cargo space expands into a whopping 122 square feet once the third row of seating is folded down, giving owners ample space to tote anything their to-do list demands. If you can't wait to take your new vehicle into the great outdoors, you're in luck: everything from camping equipment to a kayak - yes, a full kayak - slides into the cavernous cargo area effortlessly. (After all, who wants to struggle with tiedowns and awkward roof rack-balancing when the great outdoors is calling?)
There's a reason that Suburbans are so popular with SUV owners: they don't balk at cargo when carrying capacity is important. It doesn't mean that utility eclipses comfort, however: the 2018 Chevy Suburban has plenty of plush features and modern conveniences to delight driver and passengers alike, long after the triple-sealed, ultra-quiet doors have closed.
Tuned In: Tech in the 2018 Chevy Suburban
The Suburban's handling and safety features keep you connected to the road while smart interior tech keeps you connected to everything else. Tempting tech options like a Rear-Seat Entertainment System with Blu-ray® puts screens in both the second and third rows. This smart entertainment option keeps even your youngest passengers quiet, engaged, and comfortable on every trip, from short jaunts around San Antonio to annual road trips with the family. Need to charge up your favorite device? You'll have your pick of up to 14 charge locations placed conveniently around the interior, as well as a hidden, locking compartment with a USB port for safe and easy charging. You won't need to worry about losing cell signal en route to Schertz, either: the built-in OnStar system gives you optional access to 4G LTE wireless internet, allowing your passengers to browse the web, answer emails, and more: no pit stop required.
Your favorite songs, podcasts, and other audio delights are easy to enjoy in the 2018 Chevy Suburban too. Triple-sealed doors, and an acoustic-laminated windshield make the most of the 6-speak surround system, upgradable to a Bose speaker system in the higher trim levels. So go ahead - turn the volume up on your favorite album while you're cruising through Selma - this stylish tried-and-tested SUV will deliver the same quality experience in sound as it does on the road: smooth, comfortable, and always worth repeating.
Trim Options for the 2018 Chevy Suburban
Much like it's slightly-smaller cousin, the Tahoe
, the 2018 Chevrolet Suburban is available in three trim levels, each with their own benefits:
Luxury Sport (LS) Trim - Noteworthy standards in the base LS trim include a rear backup camera, a 6-speed automatic transmission, and a remote vehicle starter system; perfect for keeping cool and comfortable on those hot summer days in San Antonio. As with all three trims, the LS includes a Chevy My Link 8-inch touchscreen display in the console for easy access to controls and readouts.
Luxury Touring (LT) Trim - The LT trim level incorporates all of the features of the LS trim and ups the ante with leather-appointed seats in the first and second rows, an impressive Bose 9-speaker sound system, and special customizations like heated front bucket seats and a power lift gate with height memory.
- The Premier trim boasts a "top of the line experience
" that incorporates all LS and LT features, building on them to deliver a superior vehicle. This trim level begins with 12-way power-adjustable front seats in the front and continues to amenities like hands-free lift gate activation in the rear. Safety features like lane change and side blind zone alerts add powerful peace of mind.
The 2018 Chevy Suburban comes in a range of 10 beautiful colors in total, along including a pair of premium options that go the extra visual mile:
• Black (Available in all trim levels)
• Blue Velvet Metallic (Available in all trim levels)
• Pepperdust Metallic (Available in all trim levels)
• Satin Steel Metallic (Available in all trim levels)
• Silver Ice Metallic (Available in all trim levels)
• Summit White (Available in all trim levels)
• Tungsten Metallic (Available in all trim levels)
• Siren Red Tintcoat (Premium Option; Available in LT and Premier trim levels)
• Iridescent Pearl Tricoat (Premium Option; Available in LT and Premier trim levels)
Once you decide on your favorite exterior color, your interior options for the 2018 Chevy Suburban are equally stylish. You'll have your choice of several cloth and leather hues available, including a few trim-specific options:
• Cocoa and Dune, Premium cloth seat trim (Available in LS trim only)
• Jet Black, Premium cloth seat trim (Available in LS trim only)
• Cocoa and ¬Dune, Perforated leather-appointed seat trim (Available in LT trim only)
• Jet Black, Perforated leather-appointed seat trim (Available in LT trim only)
• Jet Black and Dark Ash, Leather-appointed seat trim (Available in LT trim only)
• Cocoa and Mahogany, Perforated leather-appointed seat trim (Premium Option, only available in Premier trim level)
Exciting Packages for the 2018 Chevy Suburban
While a great deal of customization is available through trim levels and exterior/interior color picks, packages add another dimension when it comes to personalizing your 2018 Suburban. These packages alter everything from exterior style attributes to interior functions, allowing you to drive a full size SUV that has "you" written all over it:
• Enhanced Driver Alert Package (LS Only) - Enjoy a safer driving experience with this comprehensive package, loaded with extras like Intellibeam headlights and a forward collision alert system that helps avoid accidents.
• All-Season Package (LS Only) - This package includes the Max Trailering package, as well as helpful features like a integrated trailer brake controller. A must-have for hauling loads through Schertz or New Braunfels!
• Max Trailering Package (LS, LT, Premier) - This slimmed-down version of the All-Season package keeps it simple with a 3.42 rear axle ratio, a trailer brake control, and a 2-speed active transfer case for models with optional 4WD. A must-have for owners planning on hauling large trailers, horse trailers, and more.
• Interior Protection Package (LS, LT, Premier) - Keep mud, dust, and debris at bay with this package, which consists of premium all-weather mats for both the passenger floors and the cargo area. An excellent addition for hunters, fishermen, and outdoor enthusiasts.
• RST Edition (LT, Premier) - This see-and-be-seen package adds stylish black bowtie emblems to the front and rear, the perfect accompaniment to the included 22" Gloss Black aluminum wheels, black nameplate badging and other smart aesthetic upgrades.
• Luxury Package (LT Only) - Versatility is the name of the game with this package, which transforms both the second and third rows with 60/40 split bench construction with power release and power folding. Keyless open and start means you'll be able to tackle your to-do list that much faster.
• Sun, Entertainment & Destinations Package (LT, Premier) - Upgrade every inch of your 2018 Chevy Suburban with this tech-friendly package - you'll add a power sunroof, a blu-ray for the third row, SiriusXM navtraffic, and navigation through your Chevy MyLink, among other enticing features.
• Texas Edition (LT Only) - Show your lonestar love with this memorable package, which adds a special Texas emblem to your Suburban's side.
• LT Signature Package (LT Only) - This package is a real head-turner: 20" all-season blackwall tires, matching chrome wheels, and a fashionable grille inset to match.
• LT Midnight Edition (LT Only) - Take the Signature Package style for a walk on the dark side with the black hues of this package; painted black aluminum wheels and roof cross-racks keep your new vehicle looking fantastic while increasing its load-carrying versatility. You'll never have to leave your bike, kayak, or other outdoor equipment at home again!
• Theft Protection Package (LT, Premier) - Keep unwanted "guests" out with this package, which safeguards your vehicle and belongs with interior and glass-break sensors as well as a theft-deterrent system.
If you find you need something extra to outfit your 2018 Chevy Suburban for the rigors of your lifestyle, there are plenty of standalone accessories available as well. A variety of hitch options let you take your bike along for the journey, while cargo nets and dividers help you organize and secure the cargo area, no matter what you're picking up. Extra cameras can be added to help you keep an eye on your trailer, and premium audio upgrades take your stereo quality and volume the proverbial zero-to-sixty with a turn of the dial. While the base levels and packages are still standouts in their class for the 2018 Chevy Suburban, customizing your pick with the colors, trim, packages, and accessories you need will turn this vehicle into a practical home-away-from-home while you're out on errands.
Navigating Your World with the 2018 Chevy Suburban
One of the biggest benefits to this full-size SUV is the ability to go wherever your day takes you - whether that's a quick trip out to Seguin to visit a friend, hauling up to 2300 pounds of trailer out to a campground in San Antonio, or simply up the street for groceries at your favorite store in Schertz. If you're heading somewhere that you'll need directions for, you're in luck: there's an app for that. The Chevy MyLink app is the convenient bridge between your smartphone and the Suburban, offering a variety of options that can be used to start or stop your engine, keep an eye on where you parked over at the Rolling Oaks Mall, or even send alerts with vehicle diagnostic information. Best of all, it can "push" addresses and navigation right to your available console navigation system - no more painstakingly typing street names into your vehicle's nav screen.
The diagonal reconfigurable cluster measures a full 8 inches for easy viewing, working as your driver information center on the road and interfacing with the optional Head-up display for the ultimate driving experience. The driver info center even works with Apple CarPlay and Android Auto for seamless integration with your digital library of music and other audio entertainment. You demand - and deserve - the best in smartphone technology, television technology, and so much more - so why settle for less when it comes to your vehicle? The 2018 Chevy Suburban is equipped with the latest advances in driver technology, making even the longest road trip a true vacation.
If you're anxious to get behind the wheel of a 2018 Chevy Suburban, it's no surprise: this sensational vehicle is a fan favorite and an enduring example of Chevrolet quality. If you want to see it up close and personal, Gunn Chevrolet
invites you to stop by and meet our friendly, knowledgeable Chevy team. We'll walk you through our large inventory of 2018 Chevy Suburbans and help you find the perfect model for your lifestyle and aesthetic needs. From a test drive today to tune-ups and oil changes down the road, we'll help with it all: come visit us at 16550 I-35 in Selma, Texas
and start your journey down the road to satisfied Suburban owner.